Formatting Guidelines for EWSN 2020 Competition Abstracts
Competition abstracts can have a maximum length of 2 pages (two column format).
- Authors are to use the LaTeX templates provided by EWSN.
- Detailed formatting instructions are included in this template and every submission is expected to follow these instructions carefully.
1. Page Limits
3. Copyright Information
4. Prepare a high quality PDF
5. Final Steps
6. What to Expect After You Submit
- You will receive a DropBox email request asking for your EWSN copyright form.
- All forms are due no later than the Camera-ready deadline: December 20, 2018.
- Download the EWSN 2019 copyright form.
- Pages must have 8.5" x 11" (letter) two-column format, using 10-point type on 11-point leading, with a maximum text block of 7" wide x 9" deep with an intercolumn spacing of .25". Submissions with a page size of 11.7 x 8.3 " (297 x 210 mm / A4) will *not* be accepted.
- The page limits include figures, tables, and references.
- Competition Abstracts should have "Competition: " prepended to the title.
- Category, Terms, and Keywords are not mandatory for Competition abstracts.
- Table captions should appear above the table and should be labelled "Table #."
- Figure captions should appear below the figure and should be labelled "Figure #."
- Acknowledgments section is optional.
- Double check your references and make sure they follow the examples given in the template example.
- Authors should use the LaTeX templates provided on the EWSN Webpage and make sure to select the empty copyright box by using \documentclass[10pt,emptycopyrightspace]. This makes sure that a 0.5 inch (1.18 cm) space is left at the bottom of the left column on the first page of the paper for the copyright information that is added during the production process.
- Competition abstracts will be collected via email to cboano(at)tugraz.at with the following subject line: "EWSN 2019 Competition - Submission".
- When you submit your final version, the submissions will be checked and processed, the contact author or all authors will be contacted by Meghan Haley at Junction Publishing, and will inform you of the following:
- That everything is in order with your submission and that your completed EWSN copyright form has been verified, and/or
- That you must revise or repair the issues that exist with your submission. Included in this email will be specific information about how to revise/fix your submission to meet EWSN requirements. Please respond to any such requests promptly, because your paper cannot be placed on the EWSN server or linked in the ACM DL until it meets all requirements.
- Questions? Email Meghan Haley at Junction Publishing.